The Cambridge dictionary gives six different definitions to the word retreat as listed below.
- to withdraw from enemy forces as a result of their superior power or after a defeat.
- to go to a quiet safe place in order to avoid a difficult situation.
- to go away from a place or person in order to escape from fighting or danger.
- a private and safe place.
- a period of time used to pray and study quietly, or to think carefully, away from normal activities and duties.
- a change from previous beliefs or behaviour.
Whichever you believe is applicable to you or your situation and circumstance, Hidden Treasures has a place, an estate, a centre or facility to ensure the true meaning of the phrase retreat is illuminated with you. We represent estates from the South all the way through the midlands to the northern part of Great Britain and indeed any part of the world.
- De Vere venues/PH and Four Pillars Hotels
- Wyboston Lakes Conference centre and Hotel
- Marriott Hotels
Amongst several others, we represent corporate, family, contemporary and religious centres with the list still growing. All you need is to tell us where and what you want defined in your own retreat.